Defining and designing different tools for a global cybersecurity company
2020 - 2021
What's this about?
The Cyber Security company has several services and tools for their customers and analysts with different layouts, user experiences and functionalities. The main goal was to bring together all the services for a unified and consistent experience throughout all the services.
The main goals were:
Creating a unified experience among all tools and a single visual language.
Defining a global dashboard that covers the clients' and the analysts’ needs.
Defining types of users and scenarios of use.
Using the new Design System and library components.
I took part in the project as a Senior Product Designer.
Understanding the state of the different services and the problems associated.
Wireframing and designing the different tools according to the design system.
Researching and testing the different designs with internal users to get insights to improve the tools.
What I learned in this project
I had to struggle to understand the different teams plenty of different profiles, the different projects and tools, how the hell every tool worked, confusing documentation, complex flows, new kinds of interactions, new vocabulary… during a pandemic… but, little by little, I could get how the Cyber Security worked.
The main phases were:
Creating the new global Information Architecture, and wireframes.
Testing unified the dashboards with internal users and getting insights.
Defining dashboards and unified modules for all the services.
For each service, building the new Information Architecture and the final version of the design.
The first step was creating the global Information Architecture and wireframing the new unified dashboards for all the services, taking into account the particularities of each one of them, working with the different PMs, from the concept to the final design.
With Lookback and Miro, we carried out several user tests, testing the wireframes of the dashboards with internal users to validate their understanding and iterating to improve the concepts with the insights we got.
With the insights we got with the user tests, we defined the final version of the service dashboards. All the services shared some features and modules like case management, the services’ menu, etc. We defined them with all the stakeholders of the different services taking into account the different profile users and possible views.
We started working on two tracks (2 services per track), defining each service in depth collaborating with the different services teams, including PMs, POs and the development team. For each service we validated the information architecture, the stages, the different flows, the information that has to be included and the final design with a showcase (using the new Design System).
First dashboard wirerames
Remote user tests with Lookback
Results of user tests